Surface Roughness Standards Set – 30 Specimens
Ideal for use in drafting room, engineering department or in the small shop.
This set has 30 specimens, each are 7/8" x 3/8" comprising:
- 3 Specimens Flat Lapping: 2,4 and 8µ" AA
- 3 Specimens Reaming: 16,32 and 63µ" AA
- 6 Specimens Grinding: 2,4,8,16,32 and 63µ" AA
- 6 Specimens Horizontal Milling: 16,32,63,125,250 and 500µ" AA
- 6 Specimens Vertical Milling: 16,32,63,125,250 and 500µ" AA
- 6 Specimens Turning: 16,32,63,125,250 and 500µ"AA
The Scale conforms to S.A.E. and military specifications for visual and tactile inspection.
Our economy, composite Set. No. 16008 as shown here consists of 30 specimens 7/8" x 3/8" of electroformed solid nickel. Each type of surface finish, such as flat lapping, reaming, grinding, horizontal milling, vertical milling, and turning, is truly and consistently reproduced so as to give the operator or designer a realistic idea of the feel, appearance, and texture of the machined components. A set of instructions is included with each set. By means of this set, or one of our individual (larger) standards specimen scale sets, quick and easy comparisons can be made, thus eliminating costly checking methods, saving valuable production time, and stopping the production of scrap caused by poor finishes.
Made of solid electroformed nickel a truly international set with markings IN AA (microinches) and Metric IN Ra (micrometers).