Electrical Interlocking Mounting Bracket (E.I.M.B.)
Electrical Interlocking Mounting Brackets. For use with all Flexbar Latheguards and Small Chuckguards.
Available in 4 Different Mounting Styles: Bright yellow painted finish.
Style 1, Model No. 17001- mount at back of lathe. For all shield sizes.
Style 2, Model No. 17002 - telescoping & swiveling style. For lathes with irregular or dome-shaped headstock, E.G. -Hardinge. For all shield sizes.
Style 3, Model No. 17003 - Mounts on face of headstock. Backplate can be reversed 180° on housing thus flange position can be on right or on left side, if reversed. All shield sizes.
Style 4, Model No. 17004 - Top mounting for flat top headstock. All shield sizes. Note: observing the lathe structure and taking a few measurements makes proper selection easy.
Dimensions of rectangular box portion of E.I.M.B.:
Approx. 6⅝ in. x 2⅜ in. x 1⅝ in.
(168mm x 60mm x 41.3mm)
Functioning: Once wired to motor-control circuit (motor starter), the cam-operated limit switch opens the contacts when the safety shield is tilted up... and the machine stops running.
- Roller Type
- Roller and head are metal in sealed plastic housing
- Electrical life - 1 million cycles
- Mechanical Life- 30 million cycles
- NEMA 4 rated
- Approvals: UP A300, UL E140497, CSA A 300 & CSA LR26716 M20
- Snap acting SPDT INO-INC with double break ensures switch will open in event of minor contact welding
- Contact block & roller head are modular hence replaceable without discarding entire device
- Extremely flexible and withstands repeated flexing
- UL Recognized - exceeds industry standards
- Liquid tight vs. oil, water and most chemicals
Included with each EIMB model:
- Electrical Interlock Box with safety limit switch, wiring and mounting bracket with locking knob.
- Special latheguard tube
- Wiring diagram