Ball Bearing "V" Block with Clamps
*Important Note: Balls Are Fixed In Blocks And Are Not Designed To Rotate In Use.*
...Overcomes Production or Set-Up Difficulties Inherent in Plain V-Blocks. Overcomes Geometric Limitations.
Enables you to inspect and detect out-of-round conditions and lobes with no damage to parts and no damage to blocks
Complete with clamps and Test Ball.
- Accuracy of Balls: 25 millionth of an inch sphericity on small and medium set. 50 millionths of an inch on large set.
- Overall accuracy of matched pairs +/-5 microns.
- Balls Rockwell C-62 - Surface finish 0.2 microinches.
- Calibrated balls are certified.
- Class 40 cast iron, used on base and housing, is heat stabilized and seasoned.
- Spacers are hardened through and precision ground by pairs.
- Pair of blocks assembled using metrology equipment.
Available in 3 sizes with ranges of: 3/64"-2 1/2"; 3/22"-5"; 3/16"-15" AND UP.
Sold in matched pairs complete with clamps (for use when machining).
- Balls undergo slight elastic deformation when parts are loaded on. Hence parts will not be damaged while being inspected or produced.
- Detection of lobes and superimposed lobes made easy.
- Easy readjustment of balls which provide new bearing points.
- Handles diameters up to 15 inches.
- Increased contact area due to special geometric spacing of balls in blocks.
- 8 contact points per pair of blocks share load distribution.
- Balls are self-aligning and hard wearing.
- 1 each precision spacer per block provides 2 different angles per pair.
- Simply turn each block 90° and inspect component using both angles.
- Special inspection set ups using cylinder squares now possible.
Balls Are Fixed In Blocks And Are Not Designed To Rotate In Use.
Ball Bearing "V" Block with Clamps Brochure